Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Monday, June 21, 2010

Redeeming Love

As I was reading in Proverbs this morning, I couldn't help but think about Solomon who wrote most of Proverbs. Solomon was the son of King David and Bathsheba. Bathsheba was the married woman that King David committed adultery with and then had her husband killed. I wrote about this in the post titled, Restore To Me The Joy of Your Salvation. Bathsheba was pregnant as a result of adultery with King David but that child died. God is such a redeeming and gracious God that when King David and Bathsheba had Solomon, God said this son would reign after David. What began as illicit, God redeemed! David repented and he was restored to a proper and right relationship with God. Sometimes we look at our sin and think we could never be restored and have the same relationship with God again and maybe we are partly right! Our relationship could never be the same again because with extreme forgiveness comes an extreme love. How could our love for God be the same after we have been forgiven for so much?

Isn't it wonderful how God is never ashamed to call us His own? Even after David's blatant sin, God did not try to hide it. Instead He put it in His Word so we could all know and understand just how much He loves us regardless of what we do, how we act or what we say! His love is unconditional.

"Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When you said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, LORD, I will seek.' Do not hide Your face from me; do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me or forsake me, O God of my salvation". Psalm 27:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment