Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dirt Under my Fingernails

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am new to gardening, but I have dirt under my fingernails to prove I am officially a gardener! As I have walked around our yard examining our various flowers, shrubs, trees, vegetables and herbs, I realized I don't really know what I am looking for. My husband and mother-in-law have tried to teach me some things but I have to say it just doesn't come natural to me. As I have tried to cut off the dead flowers so new ones can bloom, I realized that I really don't always know what and where to cut. I understand that if I don't cut off the dead, the plant will continue to try to nurture what's dead using up valuable energy that could have been used to produce new growth! You can understand how important it is to cut off anything that is dead. I wonder how many dead things are in me that I continue to nurture! Am I using up valuable energy because I am determined to not let go of something that is dead to me?

"Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it. Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to fearing You. Turn away my reproach which I dread, for Your judgements are good. Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness." Psalm 119:33-40

No comments:

Post a Comment