Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be Ready

Yesterday, I decided I needed the "new mommy haircut". You know the one....it's much shorter and very easy to manage. I can now be ready in a flash -- like a bolt of lightning. Seriously, this will make my life so much easier and I can make myself presentable much quicker so my husband doesn't have to see my hair in such a mess. Yippee!

My hair made me think of the time Jesus cursed the fig tree. Jesus was hungry and passed by a fig tree. He stopped to see if there were any figs on the tree but there weren't so he cursed the tree. The interesting thing about this is scripture says it was not the right season for figs. This scripture is Mark 11:12-14. We, as Christians, should always be ready to bear fruit. Paul told Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:2, "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching." Timothy was a pastor at the church at Ephesus. We are not all pastors, but whatever God has called us to do, we should be ready at any time to do what He asks us to do.

"May the LORD give you increase more and more, you and your children. May you be blessed by the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 115:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment