Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Eyes are Upon You

I am new to gardening but am fascinated by it. This morning, I went out to water our vegetable garden. I have prayed for a bountiful harvest this year. We want to have enough for our family and to put some away for the winter and still have plenty to share with others. My husband and I have been watching some weeds grow up into our squash plants. These weeds have grown so close to the squash we haven't been able to pull them because it could damage our squash so we have left them alone. This morning, I saw that something is eating the weeds and killing them but our squash are still beautiful! It reminded me of 2 Chronicles 20. This is a beautiful picture of God loving and caring for His people. Several groups of enemies were coming against God's people. Jehoshaphat prayed a beautiful prayer reminding God of his promises and said in verse 12, "O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You." Then God told them to not be afraid or dismayed because the battle was not theirs but His. He told them they would not have to fight but to stand and they would see the salvation of the Lord. Verse 22 says, "Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated". God confused the enemy so they attacked each other until not one was left alive! Not only was not one enemy left alive, God's people never had to fight at all which means they were all alive and well.

What a beautiful reminder of how God cares for us! Matthew tells us in Chapter 6 to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you".

No comments:

Post a Comment