Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finding Joy in Everyday Tasks

Blessings come with responsibilities. Can anyone relate? This morning, I woke up feeling rested which does not always happen for me. Praise God! As I began thinking and praying about my day, I realized I have many tasks to do today. My sweet baby will take up most of my day, but I have other things to take care of as well. Laundry was piling up, trash needs to be gathered so it can be picked up in the morning, lunch needs to be cooked, etc. As I began gathering laundry, I thought about the fact that I was single until I was 35 and only had laundry for myself. Now I have a wonderful husband and an adorable baby which has increased my laundry significantly! When I think of the blessing my family is to me, I take joy in laundry! Even now, as I write this post, my daughter is screaming for my attention, so I stop to care for her. What a blessing she is even when she "interrupts" my day. She likes to sit in my lap as I sit here at the computer so she can "help" me write. Yes, it takes a lot longer to write these posts, but it is so much more fun! The garden needs to be watered and picked this morning, but that means food for our family. What a blessing! I will cook lunch and clean up dishes afterwards, but that means my family was well-fed another day. Thank you, Lord, for our daily bread! Trash needs to be taken out but that signifies a family lives here and we are blessed! Our house needs to be cleaned but that shows we have a roof over our head.

Everyday tasks can be very mundane but when we focus on why we do these things, it can make our day so much brighter! We are all so blessed; and when we remember these blessings, we are much more thankful to God for all He has done for us. "Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits" Psalm 103:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment