Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Just How Much Does He Love Us?

I am a little later than usual with this post today because it was time for our daughter's six month check up. Six months! It is hard to imagine where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas Eve when I repented of not wanting (like really, really, really not wanting) my daughter born on Christmas. I felt so much conviction of that selfishness on Christmas Eve that I told God it would be an honor for our child to share her birthday with the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Of course, on Christmas Eve, there was absolutely no sign of going into labor so I thought I was 'safe'. But at 2am, that all changed and she was born at 7:28 Christmas morning. What a gift! She had the gift of life in this great big world and we had the gift of a love that cannot be described. Andy and I take so much delight in her and we are fiercely protective of her. How could we not?

Yesterday, we needed to pick our garden which is always exciting but the sun had already come up and was blazing hot by the time we were able to go out to the garden. I was holding Sydney in my arms. I found myself holding her away from the sun and under the brim of my straw hat in an attempt to shield her from the hot sun. I preferred to take the heat all on myself than allow my child to suffer unnecessarily. Then when a wasp dared to land on her foot, I got it off of her before you could blink an eye. How dare he! That is my child! I could not help but think of our relationship with God. Isaiah 53:4-5 (NIV) prophesies of Jesus, "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." This is how much God loved... loves.... and will always love us! He sent His Son to die for us so we could live now and forevermore with Him. What a wonderful thing to meditate on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment