Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Greatest Gift

Today is my husband's first Father's Day as a daddy himself. He and Sydney had a bond from day 1. He is teaching Sydney by example what a man should be. He is loving and giving with high morals and never forgets about his family. He loves his family dearly. I am so thankful to have Andy for my husband and the father of our daughter.

In church this morning, we observed communion. Because it is Father's Day, it was especially touching to me. It is a time to reflect on what Christ did for us and the sacrifice He made for us. He made that sacrifice because it was His Father's will. The death and resurrection of Christ was the greatest gift we could ever receive and it came from our Father! Our heavenly Father has set the greatest example of loving His children that is imaginable. What love!

In response to His gift of love, Hebrews 12:14-15 instructs us to "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the LORD: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled". Our heavenly Father loves us and wants good things for us. He wants us to pursue peace with everyone. If we have to pursue it, that tells me that, at times, we may have to actively seek it. Scripture tells us without us pursuing peace with all people, no one will see the LORD! His sacrifice for us was so great and what He asks of us is so reasonable. Romans 12:1-2 says, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment