Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Friday, October 22, 2010

Press On (part two)

Our Ladies Bible Study Class this week was pretty exciting! We began the second part of our lesson, Press On, discussing whether or not God is ever ashamed of us. Luke 9:26 tells us that if we are ashamed of Jesus then He will be ashamed of us. He is not ashamed of our occasional bad behavior. What a relief! He is, however, ashamed of us if we are ashamed of Him. We discussed ways we show we are ashamed of Him. Should we share the Gospel with someone who is of another religion? What about tolerance? What about respect? I could not think of an example in Scripture when Jesus or His disciples did not share the Gospel out of respect for someone's belief. We determined that since there is only one way to heaven and that is through faith in Jesus Christ we must share our faith with others because souls are at stake. We must, however, share our faith in love out of a genuine concern for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment