Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Friday, July 23, 2010

But God!

Have you ever thought there was something that God wanted you to do, but all you could think about was how unworthy you are? Maybe God wanted you to minister in some way to people who knew you when you weren't walking with God. They knew you before you were a new creature in Christ or maybe they knew you after you were a new creature in Christ but you still did something you are embarrassed of. You say, "But God, what will these people think? I don't want to put a bad reflection on You!" Well, one thing I have learned in scripture is God is not embarrassed of us at all! His forgiveness and restoration of us proves that! This may sound funny but God is secure in Himself! He doesn't need us to make Him feel better about Himself!

This morning, I was reading about the conversion of Saul on the road to Damascus and his life events immediately following the conversion. After he met Jesus on the road to Damascus and became a believer, people did question God about his sincerity but he proved himself a changed man. He didn't waste time before he began to preach salvation. Acts 9:20-22 says, "Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God. Then all who heard were amazed, and said, 'Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?' But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this Jesus is the Christ."

What if Saul who was later to become Paul and write two-thirds of the New Testament decided he wasn't worthy to preach the Good News? Thankfully, he realized he had done enough to hinder the kingdom of God and now it was time to do absolutely everything he could to advance the kingdom of God. He was worthy and we are worthy because Jesus made us worthy. We are forgiven and our sins are no longer counted against us! Now, let's see what God has for us to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment