Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Praise the Lord!

"Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!" (Psalm 117)

What a wonderful scripture on which to meditate. God is worthy of our praise! He is worthy of our praise in the good times and He is worthy of our praise in the bad times. He is worthy. One thing I have always trusted in and counted on is that God's truth endures forever. That is something to always take comfort and joy in knowing. I remember even as a very young girl, I would always read the scripture my pastor or teachers used to make sure I knew what was being taught was truth. The one thing I have never doubted was the truth of God's Word. I am so thankful to have God's Word so available to us in America. How else would we know how to live and love and get along with others? How else would we know God and His mercy and lovingkindness? God's Word is so precious and so valuable in teaching us how to live. I pray I never take for granted the beauty of God's Word.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgements. I am afflicted very much; revive me, O LORD, according to Your word. Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me Your judgements. My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law. (Psalm 119:105-109)

No comments:

Post a Comment