Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yet Will I Praise Him

Lately, I have been watching some plants die. Bummer! I have tried to save them but death prevailed. The interesting thing is some gladiolas have sprung up in their place (quite literally) . We did not plant these 'glads' but they are up and now beginning to bloom with brilliant orange blooms. I could not help but think of our lives when things seem to be going sour. Have you ever gone through something and wished and prayed for things to be different and then you realized that the "bad thing" was the best thing that could have ever happened to you? Sometimes we must make a decision to trust that God knows what He is doing even when every indication points to disaster in our lives! No one, other than Jesus, went through more trouble and heartache in the Bible than Job. But in Job 13:15, he said, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." That is faith at its finest!

I don't think it is a coincidence that 'glads' came up in the midst of the dead plants. These glads may have even smothered the other plants so they died. Who knows! All I know is "this is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Wouldn't it be fun if joy and gladness always prevailed in us when times look bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment