Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Love One Another

"Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to a neighbor therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." Romans 13:8-10

Such a simple commandment sometimes takes much effort and thought. I know I should not steal or commit adultery or murder or covet but is that all that is required of me? What if I intentionally provoke someone to wrath? That could cause that person to commit murder in his/her heart. What if I don't lie but I make it almost impossible for someone to tell me the truth? Have I caused that person to sin? What if I don't commit adultery but I dress in a provocative way? Have I caused someone to commit adultery in his heart? What if I see someone in need and I am able to help but I don't, have I caused that person to steal to feed his family?

Loving others is more than a warm fuzzy feeling. It is about considering their welfare and their spiritual state. It is saying, what can I do to help this person and not hinder them? It is saying, what would Jesus do? Here is another question to ask ourselves. Would I still do this or say this or wear this if Jesus was standing right in front of me? Sometimes it is easy to forget that He sees and hears everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment