Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gracious is the Lord

"Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yes, our God is merciful.  The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me.  Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you."  Psalm 116:5-7 NKJV

Isn't it wonderful to know that when we are 'low' God saves us?  In this passage, the simple may refer to the humble or those with childlike faith.  I am asking myself if I have childlike faith because I want the last part of that passage, 'return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.'  Rest.  Doesn't that sound marvelous?

No comments:

Post a Comment