Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Friday, April 15, 2011

Then I Called Upon the Name of the LORD

"The pains of death surrounded me, and the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow.  Then I called upon the name of the LORD: 'O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!'"  Psalm 116:3-4 NKJV

When was the last time you were in pain and anguish?  Is it now?  Is trouble and sorrow surrounding you?  God is able to deliver us out of all our troubles.  Psalm 34:15-19 says, "The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.  The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.  The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.  The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."  Take comfort and know that God will deliver you!

No comments:

Post a Comment