Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Friday, April 22, 2011

Passover

 Now the LORD gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron while they were still in the land of Egypt:  "From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you.  Announce to the whole community that on the tenth day of this month each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice.  If a family is too small to eat an entire lamb, let them share the lamb with another family in the neighborhood. Whether or not they share in this way depends on the size of each family and how much they can eat.  This animal must be a one-year-old male, either a sheep or a goat, with no physical defects.  "Take special care of these lambs until the evening of the fourteenth day of this first month. Then each family in the community must slaughter its lamb.  They are to take some of the lamb's blood and smear it on the top and sides of the doorframe of the house where the lamb will be eaten.  That evening everyone must eat roast lamb with bitter herbs and bread made without yeast.  The meat must never be eaten raw or boiled; roast it all, including the head, legs, and internal organs.  Do not leave any of it until the next day. Whatever is not eaten that night must be burned before morning.  "Wear your traveling clothes as you eat this meal, as though prepared for a long journey. Wear your sandals, and carry your walking sticks in your hands. Eat the food quickly, for this is the LORD's Passover.  On that night I will pass through the land of Egypt and kill all the firstborn sons and firstborn male animals in the land of Egypt. I will execute judgment against all the gods of Egypt, for I am the LORD!  The blood you have smeared on your doorposts will serve as a sign. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. This plague of death will not touch you when I strike the land of Egypt.  (Exodus 12:1-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment