Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O LORD my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever. For great is Your love toward me, you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

O LORD, Truly I Am Your Servant

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints.  O Lord, truly I am your servant, the son of Your maidservant; You have loosed my bonds.  I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.  I will pay my vows to the LORD now in the presence of all His people, in the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of you, O Jerusalem.  Praise the LORD!"  Psalm 116:15-19 NKJV

Have you ever wondered how the psalmist could offer such devotion and praise to God when he mentions death?  Maybe he understood that to be 'absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.' and maybe he knew that 'death has lost its sting'.  Many times, we focus on earthly things because that is what we see and touch and hear but for Christians, there is so much more!  We have life after death.  Let's try to focus on eternal things today!

No comments:

Post a Comment